Consolidated Results of the Generali Group as at 31 December 2015 *
- The operating result reached € 4.8 bln (+ 6.1%)
- Operating RoE increased significantly to 14% above the target ( >13%)
- Net profit at € 2 bln (+21.6%; € 1.7 bln FY14)
- Gross premiums above € 74 bln (+4.6%) driven by growth in the Life segment; improvement of the P&C segment
- High P&C technical margins with combined ratio at 93.1% (-0.6 p.p.), despite the higher impact of Nat Cat
- Significant increase in cash generation: Net Free Cash Flow at € 1.6 bln (+30%)
- Dividend per share at € 0.72 (+20%; €0.60 FY14)
- Strong development of Group’s solidity: Economic Solvency ratio at 202% as calculated under the Group’s full internal model (186% FY14)
The Chairman of Generali, Gabriele Galateri di Genola, said: “The positive result for 2015 shows the quality of the turnaround plan accomplished by the company over the last few years and of the new strategy launched last year. These results allow us to propose at the Shareholders’ Meeting a dividend per share of 0.72 up by 20% compared to 2015. This is an excellent start to a new phase beginning with the appointment of Philippe Donnet as new Group CEO. It is an important acknowledgment of Generali’s internal resources, also affirmed by the appointment of the Group CFO Alberto Minali as General Manager. Both of them are leaders of the highest international quality, with a deep understanding of the insurance business and well appreciated by the markets; they show the capability of Generali Group to enhance its own talents”.
* Changes in premiums, net income and APE are at homogeneous terms (for equal exchange rates and scope of consolidation). Changes in operating results and own investments exclude sold entities from the comparison period.
Die Pressemitteilung der internationalen Generali Group steht zum Download bereit und ist nur in englischer Sprache verfügbar.